Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 CHRISTMAS AT THE FREEMAN'S

Miracle of all miracles...I managed to get all of our beautiful daughters together for a picture. By the way, our two sons are not in the photo below. Yes, we have eight children. What a blessing!



It was a wonderful afternoon together! All eight families came to our home Christmas Eve day. We also enjoyed having mom and dad (Lynn and Velma Metcalf) come from Leslie to celebrate the season with us.


We made pizza for everyone, munched on snacks like Suzie's delicious homemade caramels and fudge, Russ's stuffed mushrooms and peppers, Daisha's reindeer cookies, and Angie's five-layer desert. We had a family home evening where each family brought a game, story, special talent, or sang a song. The FHE ended by Dick gathering the grandchildren around him on the floor and asking them questions about Jesus Christ's birth and why we celebrate Christmas. This year our grandson, Chase, even brought some of his art drawings to show us. As you can see, he is very good!


Then we opened gifts from one another. This year we drew names and exchanged gifts. Dick and I gave each of the grandchildren new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve and Dick made each family birdhouse lawn art for their yards.



But look at what our children did for us. They somehow managed to gather patterns from each of our grandchildren's handprints. Amy Freeman and her sweet mom appliqued them on aprons for each of us since there were too many handprints for one apron. I just can't understand that - can you? (We have 28 grandchildren). What a memorable fun gift they gave us!

This is a picture of Dick and I modeling our new aprons!

5 comments:

  1. Mom Please remove this picture per Angie and Jenni. Everyone looks 20lbs heavier. Grotesque Picture. We will not be fans if you leave it up. Replace immediately!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom You are going to pay for this. I have pictures of you at Alturas in your swimsuit! Need I threaten you further? Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I think the picture looks great. Why would you want mom to remove such a thing? (I think mom has pictures of you in Alturas too...)

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last post was from Jason. I just wanted to clarify that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing? I'm experiencing some small security problems with my latest website and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any recommendations?

    Also visit my weblog :: Asia; Tight Asian Boom Boom - Scene 2 - Pandemonium

    ReplyDelete