Tuesday, November 6, 2012

RETIREMENT - CARD MAKING

Now that I'm retired I'm learning a new hobby.  I purchased a set of Copic markers and started making birthday cards for my grandchildren and children and whoever else I can practice my new hobby on.  I am sure having fun as you can see!

"It's all about Fun!"  This card was made for my grandson, Jordan.  He has big brothers that play basketball and he loves balls too so I thought it matched his interests.  The two little ants along the bottom represent Grandma and Grandpa watching him play.
This card was made for my granddaughter, Daisha.  She's a teenager getting ready to go to USU and so I put a shopping bag behind the "Saturated Canary" digi stamp with her $$'s in it.  I experimented using different colors and the same stamp as you may notice.  I also experimented with the backgrounds.  I'm just using card stock so I'm having a few problems with the inks bleeding beyond the lines.  I may have to splurge and purchase some of the more expensive papers but these cards didn't turn out too bad.  Watching the U-Tube tutorials has been very instructive since I'm a beginner and have lots to learn.  There are a multitude of ideas out in internet land and I am amazed at how many amazing, talented, and creative people there are in this world.  You can follow me on Pinterest under the name "Anita Freeman" and see some of the tutorials and card ideas I am collecting if you are interested.  Pinterest has become my new file cabinet of card making ideas .

1 comment:

  1. This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.

    ..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say,
    and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!



    my web-site; rockstar squeezepage

    ReplyDelete